Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her
(11-28-2017, 06:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oddly enough, you left out this part from my very first post in this thread;

When you ignore evidence that doesn't support your position you weaken any point you may think you're making.  If you confined yourself to addressing points actually made you may sway an opinion or two.

I merely quoted the parts you felt the need to say before you agreed.

(11-28-2017, 06:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, but they'd have a solid foundation for said opinion and they'd be able to articulate it.  What you're attempting to do is dismiss experience with the actual population we're discussing as "jaded".  It's the exact same thing as telling a career military officer that they don't know more than you about combat because they're experience "jaded" them.  I said it in my first post, you have to come to terms with the fact that I know considerably more about this issue, both in real world experience and training, than you do.  The fact that you don't personally like me shouldn't prevent you from admitting such an obvious fact.

I didn't say you don't know how to do your job. Perhaps even quite well. I'm saying that your view of the people you deal with daily jades you overall worldview. I have no doubt you know more about the legal system. I also have no doubt that your opinion can still be, at the very least, not the only opinion that counts or matters just because of your job or the number of years at it.

For the record I'd want to tell a 30 year military veteran that going into a situation with all out war also isn't the only answer to a dispute. Experience does not always equal always correct either.

(11-28-2017, 06:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The facts of the killing determine the charges, for which she was convicted.  The facts of her life come into play during sentencing as a potential mitigating factor.

And a fair reading of everything I have posted would should that is what I have said the entire time. Thank you!

(11-28-2017, 06:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If she killed her pimp a very credible argument for self defense could be made, or at the least that she saw no other alternative.  Escaping a pimp who controls your life, and both physically and sexually abuses you, is vastly different than killing a guy so you can steal his cash and fire arms.

Yet people in this thread have completely dismissed her being "afraid". Suggesting that the john never threatened her "enough" to justify her actions. If she shot the pimp in the back of the head while he was sleeping? That's different? In this thread it was suggested that many (if not most) prostitutes are willingly working for pimps. Prove he abused her anymore than the john abused her.

See?

(11-28-2017, 06:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hell yeah she got a raw deal.  I stated this, again, in my original post.  I promise you if you go to any prison you'll hear horrible childhood stories from at least 80% of the people there.  I won't even get into some of the cases I've seen.  You can feel horrible for the child while holding the adult/teenager responsible.  Should this woman get a chance at an earlier parole date?  I don't think many people would have a huge issue with that.  Should it be tomorrow?  Not in my informed opinion.

And she WAS held responsible. She IS being held responsible. Your opinion is that nine years isn't long enough to turn her life around and be a good, contributing member of a free society. I disagree. And without EITHER of us directly involved in the case or with the girl your opinion holds no more sway than mine.

(11-28-2017, 06:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: She already has and she seems to be taking it.  I hope she sticks to it.

On this we agree also.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her - GMDino - 11-28-2017, 06:14 PM