Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her
(11-28-2017, 04:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: I believe we should work to improve people...not just punish. 

This is, I believe, probably the biggest issue that needs resolved with our justice system. i don't think it's a stretch to say that sentencing, especially prison sentences, is basically nothing but an attempt to punish. There are some judges that make the attempt to also rehabilitate, but generally, I believe there needs to be a better attempt at balancing rehabilitation with punishment. 

(11-28-2017, 05:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: Pretty much.  And she was charged and found guilty.  I just think the life sentence was harsh given that she was being pimped out and her life of sexual abuse to that point.  Which, btw, no one has doubted or refuted.

If I was routinely beaten and hospitalized by my dad when I was a kid, then turned around and beat my kids up to the point where one dies. Do I still receive your sympathy and thus, my punishment should be mitigated by that?

I know it's not exactly the same, but there's a time when your past should mitigate your actions and a time when they shouldn't. I feel for her past, but, IMO, that doesn't excuse cold blooded murder. As others have said, if this was her pimp or even a regular john who routinely abused her, then we're talking a different story. This john may be an asshole and a piece of shit, but those qualities don't mean you get to be murdered by anyone, let alone someone with a truly tragic past.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her - PhilHos - 11-29-2017, 03:41 PM