Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her
(11-29-2017, 03:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Your example, as you noted, doesn't compare to hers.  She is not taking our her past on someone weaker than herself.  And she was 16.  In your example you are a grown man.

That's pretty sexist of you, man. I always thought you believe men and women were equal. Ninja

Seriously, though, so what? Let's change my example then to going and beating up guys my age but that looked like my dad and then one day I killed one. I may still deserve some sympathy, but I doubt people will think I only need a few years in prison for punishment.

(11-29-2017, 03:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Now then: I *would* have sympathy for you.  I *would* want to see if you could be rehabilitated.  I don't see an issue with that.  Someone needs to step in and try to stop that cycle when they can.

Agreed and whose to say that being in prison isn't exactly what she needed to stop the cycle?

(11-29-2017, 03:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: We don't know what the john did before she shot him other than what she said.  We don't know if it was a regular john.  We don't know a lot.

True, and yet you are positive that her sentence is too harsh. How can you say that and yet still admit that there's a lot we don't know? For all we know, maybe this guy was someone who worked to try to get women and girls OUT or prostitution and she killed him for fear of whatever reason. I know it's highly unlikely that's the case, but as you just said, "We don't know a lot."

(11-29-2017, 03:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: What we DO know is that she was sexually abused, pimped out and killed someone who paid to have sex with a 16 year old.  She was found guilty and sentenced.  I just personally feel the sentence is too severe given her history.

Yes, but why? You think murder is ok because someone had a tragic lifestyle? Or is murder ok because the dude was trying to have sex with a 16 year old (although I believe someone said there's doubt as to whether he knew she was 16)?

I know, I know. You don't think murder is ok at all. But, you DO think someone's crimes should not be punished that harshly if they have a tragic past. Correct?

Would you still feel the same if her victim was a beloved high school teacher who just happened to be in front of her on the street? What if her victim was a prominent imam who has crusaded for reforming Islam to not tolerate terrorists? What if her victim was Al Franken? (Ok, that last one was just a joke). 

But, seriously, at what point does the CRIME matter to you (in terms of harshness of the punishment) over the kind of person the victim was?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her - PhilHos - 11-29-2017, 04:10 PM