Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump tweets videos from Britain First...
(11-29-2017, 01:30 PM)Dill Wrote: I just have to disagree with you on this one, Hollo.

Many are in open support. Still.

Oh sure, I am not talking about those though. The Breitbartian crowd aren't conservatives to me. Maybe it's not so easy to make such a distinction, but I'm used to it. In my view, the Bannon wing along with the respective fanbase took over the conservative party, and they could because those I call conservatives, probably not with the best of feelings, went along in the end. Because of tradition, Hillary or whatever.
Whilst the open supporters gradually start to hate the traditional conservative GOP almost as much as the Democrats.

(11-29-2017, 01:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Obviously using Hitler in name was a rhetorical tool, but you don't think a Hitler-like figure would garner a fair number of votes in today's political climate?

I do. Dill does also, he just loves messing around with my words. It brings him joy, so.

(11-29-2017, 04:06 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If Hitler-like means a candidate openly calling for genocide I doubt it.

But if we're talking Hitler-like as in the guy that used propaganda to fan the flames of ultra-nationalism by making the population feel like victims of bad deals by other countries...

That doesn't sound familiar at all Ninja

Using Hitler is a waste though. People can't seem to have an objective discussion once his name shows up. 

Right, of course that's an exaggeration, just meant to make my point about voter affiliation. Trump isn't Hitler. That's probably the nicest thing I could say about him. 
As for people following him... I don't know, I get surprised so often. I'm certain he would get very few votes if he were an open Hitler. But my guess is some would go along with some sort of concentration camps for, you know, Hillary, Dems and muslims and whatever else is annoying. Of course not everyone, but a considerable amount of people.

Seeing how many go along with all the propaganda lies, the hateful paranoid rhetorics and the lack of basic human decency I don't think assumptions like that are too much of a stretch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump tweets videos from Britain First... - hollodero - 11-29-2017, 05:05 PM