Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump tweets videos from Britain First...
(11-29-2017, 05:20 PM)Dill Wrote: How "Hitler-like"?  If we are looking at markers like xenophobic immigration/militaristic foreign policy, impatience with civil rights/rule of law, hatred of the Luegenpresse, willingness to use government to attack political enemies, autarkic economic policy, nationalism, misogyny, blame-shifting, anger-sharing with supporters and racism/public vilification of "out" groups, then I suggest that may have already happened.  For people who primarily associate Hitler with genocide and anti-semitism, these markers are may be unknown, meaningless, or not really that bad when considered individually.

(PS I was indirectly agreeing with Hollo.)

Everyone primarily associates Hitler with genocide, anti-semitism and of course starting a war that killed over 100 million people. To primarily associate him with anything else would be non-sensical. “When I compared you to Hitler I was referring to vegetarianism”.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump tweets videos from Britain First... - michaelsean - 11-29-2017, 10:59 PM