Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toys R Us bankruptcy trustee blasts executive bonus plan
(11-29-2017, 11:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: I understand the bankruptcy comment and agree on the other two comments.

I spent an unfortunate amount of time just today telling our shop that while I fully understand that we are a production shop the higherups think they need more salesmen than shop employees in order to make money.  So they can sell things we cannot produce because we do not have enough manpower.

Been that way for 15 years.  Not going to change until it's too late I'm afraid.

It's that way pretty well all over. I have the same circular argument with my boss quarterly (which is tomorrow for me, yay!) Basically it goes:

Why are numbers down?
Because you laid off 20% of the staff last Thanksgiving. And 30% the year before that.

Less payroll saves money, why are numbers down?
The remaining staff can't produce enough products to be sold, and part of the people selling had to stop to generate base products.

We're saving money producing fewer products and we've got less payroll, so why are numbers down?
... because we need to layoff more people.

BRILLIANT!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Toys R Us bankruptcy trustee blasts executive bonus plan - Benton - 11-30-2017, 12:07 AM