Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toys R Us bankruptcy trustee blasts executive bonus plan
(11-30-2017, 12:07 AM)Benton Wrote: It's that way pretty well all over. I have the same circular argument with my boss quarterly (which is tomorrow for me, yay!) Basically it goes:

Why are numbers down?
Because you laid off 20% of the staff last Thanksgiving. And 30% the year before that.

Less payroll saves money, why are numbers down?
The remaining staff can't produce enough products to be sold, and part of the people selling had to stop to generate base products.

We're saving money producing fewer products and we've got less payroll, so why are numbers down?
... because we need to layoff more people.

BRILLIANT!

Man I feel your pain.

Today one of my bosses who also sells asked if the shop was behind.  I informed we were.  He said he figured we were because of ONE guy who took off for hunting.  I explained we were behind WITH the one guy.  He said maybe we should schedule some overtime.  I told him we already were working over time.  So he started talking about some product he needed to be put AHEAD of the product we are working on (and behind on).

Six hours later he called to put something completely different in front of everything else because he "probably can sell it" when it is finished.

For the record he does not work out of our office so he has no idea what goes on day to day even though he calls and talks to us multiple times a day.  Including talking to the big boss who does work out of our office.

I just sit and laugh and then scream and then laugh and then go home....lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Toys R Us bankruptcy trustee blasts executive bonus plan - GMDino - 11-30-2017, 12:18 AM