Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Steelers remind me every time
Back to league and player hanky panky and why i don't necessarily believe half of the injury stories..From Brian Tuohy's TheFixisIn.. The league is most definitely fixed, but believe whatever you want. 
Quote:Then there's the saga of former Packers TE Martellus Bennett who signed with the team this past off-season after winning a Super Bowl with the Patriots last year. Bennett supposedly told the team after last week's game that he needed season-ending shoulder surgery which would've kept him under contract for the Packers into next season. The Packers didn't want his over-priced salary on their balance sheet, so the team cut Bennett, claiming he failed to disclose the prior injury when he initially signed with the team. Bennett, now free from the Aaron Rodgers-less Packers, immediately signed back on with the Patriots, and suited up and played in Sunday night's victory over the Broncos. So much for that much-needed season-ending surgery, huh? It just goes to show how much of a business the NFL is, and how petty players (and teams) can be. 

"Rodgers is out? I need surgery."

"You're injured? You're cut."

"Hello, New England? Is Tom Brady still there? He is? Good. Tell him I'm available. No, I'm not hurt. I'm good to play."

"Welcome back, Martellus."

Who else is lying about an injury? Who else was cut for the wrong reasons? Who else got screwed? I can tell you the answer to that last question. It's the fans.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Steelers remind me every time - grampahol - 11-30-2017, 04:12 PM