Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her
(11-29-2017, 06:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: She didn't kill any of those people.  She was sexually abused and killed someone who picked her up for sex.  This is a very narrow thing where her past (sexual abuse) should be considered in her act (killing). 

You mean it should be considered in the punishment for her act. Right?

(11-29-2017, 06:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: If she snapped on the street and killed a nun that would be a completely different situation.  I still think her past should come into her sentencing.  But in THIS case I think more so given the situation she was in.
Why, though? Assuming this guy paid to have sex with her, unless he's repeatedly done so, I don't see how the fact that she was horribly abused allows her to kill him and not face the punishment due for someone who murders in cold blood.
(11-29-2017, 06:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: She got her fate.  Prison.  If you think life in prison for a 16 year old with her past is acceptable then good for you.
Yes, I put a premium on human life. Even guys who are willing to pay to have sex with 16 year olds don't deserve to die. You can have a tragic past, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to kill whomever you want and not face full punishment for it. Kill the ones abusing you? That's a different story.
I'm also in favor of punishing those that abused her, too, but she killed someone that, to my knowledge, had nothing to do with her past abuse.
(11-29-2017, 06:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm guessing you don't think it matters.  Life in prison unless self-defense?  

Life in prison WITH the possibilty of parole is perfectly acceptable to me for someone who thinks it's okay to shoot someone in the back of the head and steal from them.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her - PhilHos - 11-30-2017, 05:06 PM