Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here are some interesting stats for ya....Son of Paul
(12-01-2017, 10:34 AM)Wyche Wrote: When I see these numbers.....I really gain a little more respect for Merv, Tobin, etc.  I can't see how anyone can blame a player, or even totally blame Merv when they see these stats.  I agree, Merv has ill prepared teams, and they come out flat at times, and that's on him....but you gotta realize how handcuffed these guys are under a complete nincompoop at the top of the hierarchy.

That was going to be my reply too. Marvin has succeeded in an environment where many coaches failed.

Another way to look at it is modern free agency began in 1992 which is around the same time he took over. Those horrible stats all coincide with modern free agency.

It's really hard to win if you rely totally on the draft as in any draft you may get 2 starters. What if you need a C or a G and the guys you draft at those positions aren't hits? Odds are they won't be. Do you keep chasing those positions in the draft? Or do you just sign a proven starter?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here are some interesting stats for ya....Son of Paul - THE PISTONS - 12-01-2017, 10:40 AM