Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here are some interesting stats for ya....Son of Paul
(12-01-2017, 10:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....when people talk about the overall history of the Bengals and shed bad light on the 50 years of futility, they don't realize 26 of those 50 are complete trash under this boob.

Paul took an expansion team and made it a Super Bowl threat in 14 years....they joined the NFL in 1970, and made the playoffs three times in that decade.  They were 11-3 in 1975, but were only a wild card due to the 12-2 Stoolers.  I mean, this was an innovative, up and coming franchise under his guidance.  He made his mistakes as well, but overall, I'd call it a successful start-up.  When he passed away, it went down the shitter.  I think folks tend to forget how competitive the old Central Division was, how tough it was just to make the playoffs before expansion, and just how successful Paul was when they trash the overall history of the Bengals.

MB essentially builds the team like teams were built in the 70's. Through the draft. Back then players didn't change teams as much so you hard to draft well.

In a lot of ways, we're stuck in that era.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here are some interesting stats for ya....Son of Paul - THE PISTONS - 12-01-2017, 10:41 AM