Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Confidence Index: Rating all 32 NFL quarterback situations
(12-01-2017, 11:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1) I say very few QB's helped their team's YPC and you respond by rattling off 7 names for a 32 team league. Thanks for proving my point. 

2) If consistent also means average-at-best, yeah lets roll with it. 

3) Since the narrative people want to use is "Andy needs an outstanding supporting cast to produce at a high level", I'd like to just once see a list of QB's that had amazing MVP caliber seasons whilst surrounded by crap. Should be an easy list to make, seeing how often this subject comes up.

1) I didn't "rattle off" anything, I simply listed QBs that had a minimum of 50 rushing attempts. As you can see Andy was by far the most hurtful to his team's YPC. A point was proven; however, I'm just not sure it was one you were attempting to make. But I'll give you credit for bringing other QB's rushing statics into the equation. It was helpful; thanks.

2)  I'll take this as you saying yes in long form. So we agree.

3). It should be equally as easy to list years that Andy has had an outstanding (hell, let's roll with above average) season without great receivers, a good line, and a consistent Running Game. As that would disprove the "narrative" more than any list I could provide of other QBs. But if I were inclined to provide such a list; it would be easy as you suggest. I'd just start with Kirk Cousins from this year that is currently 2nd in passing yards and 5th in passer rating with none of the 3 requirements
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB Confidence Index: Rating all 32 NFL quarterback situations - bfine32 - 12-01-2017, 12:45 PM