Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Confidence Index: Rating all 32 NFL quarterback situations
(12-02-2017, 02:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. My point stands, and you seem to be the one who doesn't understand how averages work. Let me help. A significantly lower average (YPC) is going to take less carries to do significant damage. 

Lets do an exercise. Both of these players have 250 carries for 1000 yards (4.0 YPC) in 15 games. In game 16...

Player "A" has 20 carries for 50 yards (2.5 YPC)
Player "B" has 10 carries for 10 yards (1.0 YPC)

Player "A" finishes the season at 3.89 YPC
Player "B" finishes the season at 3.88 YPC

Hopefully this helps you.

2. I'm not going to get involved in a name calling back and forth. Everyone knows where you stand on this just as much as they know with me. All it boils down to is I believe in the guy and you don't. If you want to know why I changed the vague word "consistent" to "good", re-read the post you quoted. Or maybe explain what "consistent" means to you in this case? Seems it could mean anything you want it to mean. I think the word consistent was used because everyone knows damn well the run game has never been "good".

3. Amazingly, some would disagree with that assessment. Partly because AJ Green loses some luster when all coverage is shifted to him because everyone else sucks. Partly because teams don't just line up and throw to 1 guy. Btw, I listed 5 years, not 3...and you did say "above average". Last I checked, "slightly above average" still qualifies as "above average".

4. We'll just have to disagree that Cousins is having an MVP caliber season. He's on pace for 4385 yards, 28 TDs, 11 INTs with that 99.6 rating. Good numbers. Pro Bowl numbers. Not MVP numbers. Here's the last 6 MVP QB's with their season stats:

Matt Ryan: 4944 yards, 38 TDs, 7 INTs, 117.1 rating
Cam Newton: 3837 yards, 35 TDs, 10 INTs, 99.4 rating (636 rush yards, 10 TDs)
Aaron Rodgers: 4381 yards, 38 TDs, 5 INTs, 112.2 rating
Peyton Manning: 5477 yards, 55 TDs, 10 INTs, 115.1 rating
Aaron Rodgers: 4643 yards, 45 TDs, 6 INTs, 122.5 rating
Tom Brady: 3900 yards, 36 TDs, 4 INTs, 111.0 rating

5. I don't have a "role" any more than you do. You're role isn't "guy who pretends to be objective, but isn't really" is it? Again, I like Andy, you don't. No need to make that seem any more complicated than it is. Nothing in that original post has been proven or proven wrong. It's all subjective. But the fact that Dalton has generated 5 above average seasons that included a trio of 40+ sack seasons, with no run game ranked better than 20th in YPC, and with #2 receivers like Binns, rookie Sanu/MLJ, LaFell and Kroft is good enough evidence for me. 

6. Again with the grade school level name calling. Some disagree that the talent around Andy has been all that and a bag of Husman's BBQ. That's not limited to myself and Brownshoe. Get over it.

As I said enough of the back and forth folks can read and they can determine if what I quoted and there a couple n here into a tizzy is sensible or not:

With a good oline, consistent run game, and elite WR corps Andy can crack the top 10. If any of those 3 are missing he has failed to do so.

I like Andy just fine and have said so on numerous occasions. Just because I don't feel he is a top 10 QB without great pieces around him doesn't mean i "don't like him".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB Confidence Index: Rating all 32 NFL quarterback situations - bfine32 - 12-02-2017, 03:38 PM