Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Confidence Index: Rating all 32 NFL quarterback situations
(12-02-2017, 04:39 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: People attempting to claim that Dalton is a top 10 QB with a good O-Line are delusional. He's had 1 year his entire career that objective observers would call top 10 worthy.

The rest of his career he is an average QB relative to his peers i.e. the modern NFL where all QBs stats are inflated.  Quit comparing him with quarterbacks from the 70's and 80's.  

Here is his QBR rankings his entire career ranked against his peers.

2011 Rank 20th.
2012 Rank 21st.
2013 Rank 17th.
2014 Rank 22nd.
2015 Rank 3rd.
2016 Rank 20th.

I know there are a few players that might be ahead with minimal attempts so if you take out 3-4 of those guys a year he is consistently between 15 and 20th. What does that make him?! An average QB at best....nowhere near the top 10.

Let's also realize that he has the best Bengals WR in history to throw to and yet he can't be better than an avg qb besides the one anomaly season.

Let's also realize that he has been a complete and utter bum in the playoffs. Besides statistics watching him throughout his entire career he just doesn't pass the eye test. No matter which way you slice it....stats, playoffs, eye test, he is an average QB at best. It is what it is.....time for an upgrade if we want a legit shot at winning it all.

Wait are you talking QBR or QB rating because their is a huge difference?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB Confidence Index: Rating all 32 NFL quarterback situations - J24 - 12-03-2017, 02:58 AM