Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Confidence Index: Rating all 32 NFL quarterback situations
(12-02-2017, 10:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually I chose 50 because it is a nice round number that would include Dalton's stats and was enough attempts to have an impact on a team's YPA. It was no underhanded attempt of slighting Andy as I picked EVERY QB that fit the criteria; it appears your criteria was to pick and choose those that had a lower YPC than Andy.  Are you sure you understand how averages work?

I am not the one that said consistent running game, the post that I responded to that got the Dalton Duo (Shake and Brownshoe) in a tizzy said consistent ; the other half of the Dalton Duo decided to change consistent to good to fit his narrative.

And some would say that a WR corp that has AJ Green and me is great. Giving your opinions the benefit of the doubt you can come up with about 3 years that Andy was above average (in most cases slightly) when he wasn't surrounded by talented players.

As to Cousins he was number 2 in passing yards prior to Thursday and as to 99.6 isn't "that much better" than 92.5 then I'm sure you'd agree than Andy is having a season more similar to Jacoby Brisset than Kirk Cousins. They only reason Cousins is not in MVP talks is because his team is struggling; he's doing great. It reminds me of the time someone in the forum tried to say Andy was better than Kirk because of contract situation. 

I get that your role in the forum is to be lead Dalton Defender, but it's good to look at things rationally from time to time. Nothing in the original post that I responded to has been disproven; unless one wants to try to make the argument that a rushing attack that is top half in the league in yardage and TDs is not consistent (regular/ dependable/steady).

But enough of the back and forth, as I realize the Dalton Duo will be on cue to defend all things Dalton including this very thread when it was stated that Andy requires a good linen consistent runners, and elite receivers to crack the Top 10 as the only time he has done it in his 7 year career was the year he had all three.   

He was actually top 5 but who is counting.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB Confidence Index: Rating all 32 NFL quarterback situations - J24 - 12-03-2017, 03:10 AM