Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
How many great teams have 3 2nd Round RB's drafted within the past 5 years?
(12-03-2017, 09:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How many great teams are there in the last 5 years?

Hmm, well the NFL seems to have the usual teams that are vying for it all year in and year out along with some surprising one-year-woner types...so let's take the easy route and look at the final 4 teams per year and see if I can explain what went right and which are one-year-wonders.

2017 (projected)
1. Patriots
2. Eagles (Wentz looks legit, franchise that took big risks and is currently reaping the rewards)
3. Steelers
4. Vikings (built team in the trenches and is getting miracle production from a 3rd string undrafted QB)

1. Patriots
2. Falcons (career year for Matt Ryan, MVP)
3. Steelers
4. Packers

1. Broncos (championship defense carries washed-up HOF QB)
2. Panthers (career year for Cam Newton, MVP)
3. Patriots
4. Cardinals (career year for Carson Palmer)

1. Patriots
2. Seahawks
3. Packers
4. Colts (career year for Andrew Luck)

1. Seahawks
2. Broncos
3. Patriots
4. 49ers (were quite good for 3 unsustainable years, rather than 1 like many teams on here)

1. Ravens (decent team, Flacco goes on a post-season MVP-caliber tear)
2. 49ers
3. Patriots
4. Falcons (I completely forgot they were this good in 2012)

1. Giants (team unreasonably good at making post-season, Patriot-killing runs or having 6-win seasons)
2. Patriots
3. Ravens
4. 49ers

So, I probably have simplified things too much, but I see a lot of the same old teams vying for the SB along with the yearly "Our QB caught fire and is having his best year ever and we're taking it as far as we can before he comes crashing down and is replaced by net year's QB catching fire for one year."

Every year you get your HOF QBs competing with non-HOF QBs who are playing like HOFers for one year.  2015 Dalton had a chance to make that cut, but injuries happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many great teams have 3 2nd Round RB's drafted within the past 5 years? - Nately120 - 12-03-2017, 11:54 PM