Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can’t we get players like Burkhead?
(12-04-2017, 11:07 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I get what you're saying too. In the case of WJ3 though, he's played at a high level when given the opportunity. He should play more snaps. I would think you have to find a way to get him on the field more since he's performing better than those ahead of him. I think that would help give us a better chance to win. Same with Lawson. He doesn't have to play every snap, but he should be getting an increased workload with his production. I understand there's a chance he may not perform as well if he's playing a lot more, but I feel it's a chance you have to be willing to take because he improves the team.

Ross is an enigma. Whatever issues there are there, we'll probably never know the truth. While I like to think that Ross would improve our chances to win, I honestly have no idea. The players on the defensive side are showing they deserve more opportunities, but we keep trotting out the same underperforming veterans.

Yes, but wasn't WJ3 on the same trajectory as (possibly) Ross and Kirkpatrick?  1st round pick who is various shades of injured and not ready as a rookie and then gradually brought into the system?  I don't recall WJ3 being tossed into the fire because we simply had to see what we had in him, not at least until there was some faith he had his feet under him.  I think that's how it went.

As for Ross, I just run it through my "What would we be saying if the Steelers did this, instead of us" filter.  If the Steelers picked a WR top 10 (or just in the 1st round) and he had 0 catches deep in the season and just wasn't getting on the field we would be more likely to laugh at them for drafting a bust rather than worried they have a super secret gem they're going to unleash on the NFL.  Hope springs eternal, though.

Sadly, even if Ross plays and does well we can't rule out that he's having a misleading surge ala Jerome Simpson at the end of 2010 when everything was over.  Stuff like this is what makes me think coaches know a lot more about player potential than we do.  With that being said, I hope we stuff Ross into the gameplan tonight and run him down the field full speed over and over again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can’t we get players like Burkhead? - Nately120 - 12-04-2017, 01:11 PM