Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia Investigation - Flynn's fault
(12-04-2017, 01:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: There's lots of crimes you can violate that aren't treason.  I don't know the specific ones involved here.  Conspiracy to commit theft if they are linked to Hillary's emails?   There is nothing illegal in itself with talking to Russians until you start discussing policy etc. That's where this apparently never used Logan Act seems to come into play.  

But that's obviously what happened with Flynn. Talking about policy with Kislyak, about the Russians postponing an UN security council vote. Which was not in the interest of the administration in charge. Enforced or never enforced, I feel it makes sense that this is a violation of sorts. The existence of a Logan Act makes sense.
I get it's not treason, you laid that one out for me quite clearly. I believe that. I wasn't in favour of hanging anyone, anyway.

In the whole scope, there possibly is way more than that, sure. To me it seems more likely than not that the Hillary email theft, or at least the publication afterwards, was orchestrated with Team Trump. Which possibly is ethically reprehensible, but not a crime, as far as Trump defenders claim. I don't know of course.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia Investigation - Flynn's fault - hollodero - 12-04-2017, 01:28 PM