Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia Investigation - Flynn's fault
(12-04-2017, 01:50 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, it maybe is odd. Still using that "never used" phrase (I don't mean you, I mean the Trump defenders in general) to me seems like suggesting it's some ancient, out-dated rule and violating it was some kind of petty, trivial offense. It certainly doesn't look like that to me.

I don't think it was really intended to be used against a transition team of an incoming Administration.  There should be nearly 100% coordination and inclusion from the sitting and incoming Administration.  So, yeah, I do think in this case it's fairly trivial when Flynn is literally 4 weeks away from being confirmed and then he's just doing his job.

So while I agree the incoming Administration should not be undermining or interfering with the guy who is currently sitting in there chair, it also makes 0 sense for the current POTUS to be making deals and policy in his final 30 days that his successor does not agree with or intend to uphold.

I really don't think transition teams and world leaders sit on their thumbs in a self-enclosed cone of silence waiting 2 month until the inauguration to get down to business.
--------------------------------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia Investigation - Flynn's fault - JustWinBaby - 12-04-2017, 02:41 PM