Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia Investigation - Flynn's fault
(12-04-2017, 02:41 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I don't think it was really intended to be used against a transition team of an incoming Administration.  There should be nearly 100% coordination and inclusion from the sitting and incoming Administration.  So, yeah, I do think in this case it's fairly trivial when Flynn is literally 4 weeks away from being confirmed and then he's just doing his job.

So while I agree the incoming Administration should not be undermining or interfering with the guy who is currently sitting in there chair, it also makes 0 sense for the current POTUS to be making deals and policy in his final 30 days that his successor does not agree with or intend to uphold.

I really don't think transition teams and world leaders sit on their thumbs in a self-enclosed cone of silence waiting 2 month until the inauguration to get down to business.

Yeah I get it, that's a fair point for sure. I get why a transition member would talk to Russians or anyone else about future policies or goals of the incoming president or whatever. 
Asking them to delay a vote though... - or whatever was going on with the sanctions and possible Russian countermeasures there - to me, that just takes it a step too far. It's undermining the current presidency, as you said. If upholding positions the next president won't uphold makes sense or not is a political question... maybe it doesn't, but that's not really the issue, isn't it. And as lang Obama is in power, he calls the shots and the policies and not his predecessor, and I guess period. If it weren't so, you might as well call the transition time an interregnum without an acting president.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia Investigation - Flynn's fault - hollodero - 12-04-2017, 03:02 PM