Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Confidence Index: Rating all 32 NFL quarterback situations
(12-04-2017, 04:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good point, and all things considered, I'm not sure any of those would be significant upgrades. 

Wilson I would pull the swap for, but does anyone think he'd be as good under Marv as he is for Pete Carroll? 

Cousins basically is Andy Dalton. Does anyone think Andy wouldn't throw more (and post more stats) under Jay Gruden without Marv's conservative influence around?

Watson had a small sample size, but I'm not going to lie. With the benefit of hindsight, I'd at least think about drafting him. That said, he put up a ton of yards and TDs on some the weakest pass defenses in the league. The Patriots, Titans and Chiefs are all 25th or worse in pass defense. His other big games were against the Browns and Seahawks...but he also threw 3 INTs against Seattle. The Jags and Bengals have good pass D and shut him down. I think Watson has a bright future, but I think he'll wind up being closer to a Winston/Mariota type than another Aaron Rodgers.

The rest I'm good on. Dalton is having a better season than Derek Carr or Dak Preskott, and he's doing it with less. Keenum is 30 years old and having his first good season. Bridgewater isn't even worth mentioning IMO. Can't stay healthy, and vastly overrated when he is.

Wilson is really hard for me to rate high. Kid is good no question probably escapes pressure better than any QB in football, but for how long can he do that before age gets to him. His height also does factor onto his pocket passing it's mention often by the announcers that he has trouble seeing the middle of the field.

Of all of them I wouldn't mind Derek Carr. The one thing I think he has over Dalton is that he's a closer. He's damn good at closing out a football game. 

As you said about Twatson is hard to judge st thr moment because of sample size. How will he fare after DCs get some tape on him?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: QB Confidence Index: Rating all 32 NFL quarterback situations - Synric - 12-04-2017, 05:23 PM