Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the OL blocking scheme too complex?
(12-04-2017, 07:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sunset, you nailed it brother.

This is just another excuse for PA's failures. He picked Bodine, he is HIS guy and he doesn't even fit HIS scheme.

Truly pathetic. To not coach up his players to understand how to face odd fronts when we play two teams in our Division who
line up this way all the time is just crazy to me. Unprepared and then they get thrown into the fire, hard to blame some of these
guys considering who their coach is honestly.

In this day and age, in order to swim with the big fish in this league, you have to have a Center that can handle a NT one on one.  Or at least have a fantastic set of Guards to chip off, and then work to the next level.  

In any successful offense, the interior 3 on OL should be massive, people moving brutes.  You can get by with athleticism at Tackle, but when you need to QB sneak on 4th and a long one, or need a pocket to step into, you can't rely on "finesse" blockers to get the job done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the OL blocking scheme too complex? - SunsetBengal - 12-04-2017, 07:26 PM