Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logic Dictates that if the Refs are Fixing Games the Players are in on it
(12-05-2017, 12:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: This.  Although, I do think they display some bias for the "winners".....just sucks Shitsburgh falls into that category.  I find it odd that I rarely ***** about officiating being one sided until two certain weeks every year...... Hmm 

I think it's safe to say a fair amount of today's refs are or "were" steeler fans. Most of them were around for the steelers dynasty of the 1970's, so it's likely a bunch of them jumped on that bandwagon. I noticed last night one of the refs helping Ben up of the turf as soon as he hit the ground. I believe that same ref whistled a play dead as soon as Ben was wrapped up earlier on (well before Ben was brought to the ground). Never saw any of that treatment for Dalton.

There is definitely some bias there, but I doubt it's because it's "fixed". Refs are human, they make mistakes and have/had  their favorites. The bengals don't have a widespread fanbase. The steelers do. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Logic Dictates that if the Refs are Fixing Games the Players are in on it - Pat5775 - 12-05-2017, 02:11 PM