Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think that might have broken me
(12-05-2017, 11:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are you kidding? Shuster is a folk hero in Pittsburgh now. I'm serious too. No sarcasm.

Yep, he sure is. They probably dropped confetti on the guy in the locker room. I'm dead serious. He probably got the game ball from Tomlin.

Look...it's pretty obvious that the Steelers coach this shit. Were guys like Juju and TWatt this way in college? What about Shazier, Garvin, Hines, Porter, Kimo, etc etc etc etc? They coach and instill this shit. We outdid the Steelers in every category last night but 2....penalties and players intentionally injured.

This is how the Steelers get their edge. They take a physical "bully" mentality. It's something the Bengals would be demonized for if they try to replicate it, but the Steelers get a light tap on the wrist and a wink from NFL brass and the media. The Steelers winning is good for business. The Steelers realize this and take full advantage. 

Now this isn't me fully excusing Marv or Mike Brown, but I can't help but feel our record would be better than 8-24 if the games were called completely fair and the Steelers weren't allowed to get away with so many flat out dirty plays. I still think we'd have a losing record, but not quite as lopsided.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think that might have broken me - Shake n Blake - 12-05-2017, 03:49 PM