Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sadly, what's lost in all this..
(12-05-2017, 05:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I believe Fan in Kettering was the one who pointed out the change in run blocking (more directional blocking). I believe that's been the difference in run blocking, which has been much improved. I'm not quite as confident in the pass blocking, even now. We've been firing a ton of quick throws to offset the rush, which helps. Despite the pass game being tailored for a bad line, we still gave up a couple ugly sacks and pressures last night.

Yes, that was me. The directional blocking makes all the difference in the world in the run game and I give props to the Piano Man* for adjusting the offensive line to block against the 3-4 front. That’s not easy. Pass blocking is way different, though, and it’s a bigger change in thinking than run blocking. The best pass blocking offensive lines can be counted on the fingers of one hand: New England, um, uh, and, ah, uhhh....

I didn’t list Pittsburgh because they don’t have good pass blocking technique. They just hold and don’t get caught.

The Patriots pass block by leaping forward into the opposing defensive line. It makes for a much bigger pocket than the drop back and play pat-a-cake scheme the Bengals use.

*Yes, it hurt to write that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sadly, what's lost in all this.. - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-05-2017, 06:06 PM