Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Must Admit It: We Are Not A Good Team
People had hope after the last two weeks, but we have to sit down and admit that we aren't a good team and the stats back it up. We struggled all year against teams with better records and worse records. Sure, we have talented players. But they're not being coached right.

Just some reasons on WHY we need to change this entire coaching staff:

The Bengals have not beaten a team with a winning record. The 5 teams they beat have a combined record of 12-48 (counting the Browns twice).

We are one of, if not THE, worst teams in the 2nd half. They have scored 71 points in the 2nd half. Been held without any points in the 2nd half for three games out of twelve. Not too bad. However, they have scored a touchdown in the second half only 6 times out of 12 games. They've allowed 108 points in the 2nd half.

The Bengals have the LEAST amount of points in the 2nd half. The offense is getting 5.9 points per game in the 2nd half. Lazor CANNOT adjust in the 2nd half and go outside of his scripted plays.

Now that's not bad since they're tied for 10th in scoring defense. However.

The Bengals have played 6 of the bottom 10 offenses of the year. They played the Browns twice. And the Titans are ranked the 11th worse.
The Bengals have played one top 10 offense and they allowed 52 points throughout the both of them (averaging 26 points a game).

The offensive line didn't get better until they STOPPED doing a tackle rotation. And why did they stop doing that? Because of injury.

The defense ranks 26th on stopping offenses on 3rd down. But they've also given up 79 1st downs on 3rd down (31st). The defense is 28th against the run and the offense is 30th running the ball.
The Bengals also have only 4 rushing TDs this year, tying them with 3 other teams for the 2nd lowest in the NFL.

Marvin Lewis continues to start Adam Jones over WJIII, meanwhile WJIII has shut down great receivers and has the lowest completion percentage against him. And yes, I know he messed up on that run play last night.

John Ross continues to sit on the bench so they can play Cody Core. A guy who they talked about being the most improved. A guy many people talk about being a "speedster". He has zero catches. And instead of giving reps that are needed to a rookie, he continues to keep his veterans in. Why? No clue.

Andrew Billings has shown flashes with the more playing time he got. However, they bring back Pat Sims and start him.

Hue wanted to have a competition for the center position, but Marvin and Paul got their guy. And he's been here ever since, starting. With NO competition brought in once to challenge him.

We were not a good team this year. We didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. And I pray that they blow this entire coaching staff up, because things need to change. I don't care about the 90's. That was close to 20 years ago.

I am about to be 26 years old and the Bengals have NEVER won a playoff game since I've been alive. We deserve better than this. The city deserves better than this. The players deserve better than this.

Marvin Lewis' teams are not good enough. 6 winning seasons in 15 years with 0 playoff wins is not good enough.

This team was not good enough in 2017.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
We Must Admit It: We Are Not A Good Team - wolfkaosaun - 12-05-2017, 07:46 PM