Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The US just recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital
(12-06-2017, 03:12 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: What problems do you see coming from this?

EDIT: and the US will move the embassy to Jerusalem as well.

Ok, this whole thing is going to be a problem and I feel like Pence is behind it. I just wonder if Pence is one of those Apocalyptic Christians who work to bring about the Tribulation, Armageddon and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

First off, almost every nation in the world has condemned the move, including Germany.  The other UN security council members have as well.  The Guardian seems to think Trump just plunged the Middle East into fire.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/06/trump-to-plunge-middle-east-into-fire-with-no-end-with-jerusalem-speech

I don't see an immediate consequence (i.e., in the next four days), but ME nations and non-state actors will begin adjusting, reforming, solidifying alliances and opposition.  The Palestinian Authority and Hamas will receive renewed backing from the people Obama/Hillary did not want backing them.  Most Egyptians and Saudis and Jordanians will protest this move and refuse support for any government which appears to endorse it. 

European nations will speed up their efforts to construct trade and military partnerships independent of the US.

Palestinian resistance on the ground will increase, possibly meaning we'll see fighter jets rocketing Palestinian homes on the West Bank and IDF sweeps through Ramallah and Jericho, arresting teenagers and looting homes. 

This is another step back from US world leadership. And, coinciding with the crushing of ISIL as state with territory and the story of a US "Muslim ban" now circulating in the ME, anther step towards ME conflagration. We can expect an upsurge in recruitment for Jihadist groups and increased threat of "homegrown" terrorism within the US.

On the other hand, US evangelicals will celebrate, seeing an important step towards the End of Days.

It's also possible that Trump could begin walking his statements back of the next few days, as advisers with government experience and access to intel drive home the consequences for his Brand.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The US just recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital - Dill - 12-06-2017, 05:18 PM