Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Al Franken Accused of Sexual Assault
OK

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/363724-gop-senator-on-franken-and-moore-theres-a-difference-between-a-14-year-old

Quote:Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) on Thursday said it’s up to the people of Alabama and Minnesota to decide the fates of GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore and Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.), respectively, but noted there’s a difference in what each has been accused of.

“Again, it’s up to the people of Minnesota to decide, but if Al Franken has been involved in this kind of activity as a senator, that’s problematic,” Cassidy said on "The Brian Kilmeade Show.” 

“On the other hand, there is a difference between a 14-year-old girl and an adult female, I will say that,” Cassidy added.

Franken has been facing accusations of sexual misconduct since mid-November, when radio host Leeann Tweeden said he kissed and groped her without her consent during a 2006 USO tour.

Since then, multiple women have come forward to say Franken inappropriately touched them during photo ops and at other events.

A wave of Democratic senators on Wednesday called for Franken to resign. He is scheduled to make an announcement on Thursday.

Moore, meanwhile, is facing allegations about his conduct decades ago, including an accusation by one woman who said Moore touched her sexually when she was 14, and another who said Moore sexually assaulted her when she was 16. Other women have said Moore made advances on them when they were teenagers. Moore was in his 30s at the time of the alleged incidents.

President Trump gave Moore a full endorsement on Monday.

Several Republican lawmakers, including Cassidy, retracted their endorsement of Moore or called on him to drop out of the race. Cassidy said his decision to retract his endorsement "still stands," adding he couldn't comment on Trump's endorsement.

"Now it's up to the people of Alabama to decide, but on a personal level I just decided I don't want to be there," he said. 

Assault is assault.  Is it better if they are adults?  I'd say I'm not sure.  I always feel that when an adult attacks a child it is worse to me.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Al Franken Accused of Sexual Assault - GMDino - 12-07-2017, 12:50 PM