Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses
(08-22-2015, 11:28 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I think people get caught up on the "gay" part of the equation and don't look at the "marriage" part in these types of cases, the SCOTUS included.

Now if a Christian baker refused to serve someone solely because they are gay, OKAY, although I still stand by my belief that a private business should have the right to refuse service to anyone. 

But back to my point, refusing to serve someone because they are gay is different than refusing to make a wedding cake for a gay wedding. 

This would be like a black guy going to a t-shirt maker and wanting him to make a t-shirt that read "kill all white people", and then suing the t-shirt maker for not serving him because he's black.  

And the shirt maker would win that because it was hate speech and they can deny service because of that. What reason would a baker have to deny service for a same sex wedding other than those getting married are gay?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Belsnickel - 08-22-2015, 11:37 PM