Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses
(08-23-2015, 12:04 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I suppose I just can't understand any argument for government telling a private business who they have to serve. 

I'd prefer the free market sort it out, and I believe that's the way the founders would have wanted it as well. 

Now don't get me wrong, I think it's stupid for a business to refuse a sale in these situations, but I still think they should have the right to do it. 

I agree. I don't think the Founding Fathers would have spent a lot of time worrying about who sold what to whom.

On the other hand, at the time there was almost no interstate commerce, global economy, financial investments, etc. Hell, many people didn't really have a taxable income as they were just providing for themselves.

So I don't think the 'Founding Fathers wouldn't have...' really applies as a gay cake maker wasn't really much of an occurrence three centuries ago. We're in a different time so we've got to sort a few things out for ourselves. Which is exactly what the FF's did. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Benton - 08-23-2015, 12:30 AM