Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In order to REALLY fix the Bengals..
There are a ton of parallels, most all negative, to be drawn between the way UK has treated football and the way the Bengals run things. The Reds too while I'm at it. The one thing I have never been able to wrap my mind around is why their respective big wigs fail to see that paying the money upfront to field a winner is going to give them a bigger return on investment than just meeting the baseline and banking on fan loyalty. It's simple....you might get 20-30K at GABP or 40K-50K at PBS fielding middling/.500 teams. And that's all nice and well. But if we're willing to pony up for that.....why on Earth can you not see that if you put MORE into the roster, the front office, team management, scouting....etc.....that you're going to make even more money by fielding a winning team? Seems like basic business sense where you get a greater return on investment by biting the bullet and paying the cost upfront.

I'm definitely more of a college guy when it comes to the finer points of things, so if there's something I'm missing, by all means guys please educate me. It just seems stupid to settle by not pumping money into scouting, having a GM, etc etc. Banking on fan loyalty to pay the bills and having a "well, that's good enough" attitude...just seems like a load of bull to me.

I took a new job last year so it's been almost two full seasons since I have been able to get up to Cincy to watch the Bengals in person from Lexington. Unfortunately I have to work Sundays. Once was a time where I wouldn't have even considered a job that interfered with watching the Bengals live. Now, I either listen or watch online at work or DVR the game and try to avoid updates. If MB isn't going to make competing and winning a priority, then why should I make watching them in person or at home a priority when I stand to make more money by working on Sundays?

Feel free to tell me if I'm off base. These are just my impressions of how things are going in the Jungle.
[Image: 6zwk79.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In order to REALLY fix the Bengals.. - CB3UK - 12-08-2017, 01:24 PM