Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick - a legit concern
I think there were 2 things that lead to this contract. 1) The Steelers were said to have interest. I have no idea how much fire there was to go with that smoke, but preventing him from going to Pittsburgh helped drive up his price. 2) They team has a **** ton of cap space and let Whitworth and Zeitler walk out the door. Yes I know they at least offered Whitworth a contract, but they didn't bother with Zeitler. With all of that money and their top 2 free agents gone, they simply HAD to spend money. DreK should send some very nice Christmas gifts to Whit and Z for helping him land his ridiculous contract.

DreK will most likely be here until his contract is up. Since the Bengals way tends to be that the highest paid is the most played, he's going to be the starter for the next few years. I expect they don't keep Dennard because he may be expensive later and they're tired of hearing about a bench player outperforming someone they gave a stupid contract to. Also, they have a bunch of money tied up in Jones and DreK. I just can't see them spending on Dennard unless he gives them an incredible discount. I hope he doesn't. Go play for a real franchise and have an actual opportunity to play and win a title.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick - a legit concern - muskiesfan - 12-10-2017, 11:28 PM