Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years
I'm cross posting this, not because I think it's genius or anything, but this seems like a better home for it.

I think we take the playoff years with Marvin for granted. Making the playoffs is an accomplishment, doing it that many seasons in a row is a big accomplishment, and going to a Super Bowl is a rare occurrence, unless you're the Patriots.

Check out these Super Bowl standings, the rarity of Super Bowl appearances is highlighted well here:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/super-bowl/standings.htm

15 teams have 3 or less appearances. 4 teams have ZERO appearances.

You can have all the elements in place, and you still need some luck to seal the deal. Between Kimo and Andy trying his hand at tackling, we basically lost what I consider are our 2 most promising shots at getting there, in the Lewis era. You really can't blame that on Marvin.

It can get a lot worse than what we’ve had in the Lewis era. Ask Dave Shula, Bruce Coslett, and Dick LeBeau. It’s time for Marvin to go, but his overall body of work has been pretty damn good. I think the guy deserves our respect. Don't run him out of town like a bum. I turned this team around, from the laughingstock of the entire league, to a respected franchise. Yes, we're in a down phase right now, but we're far from a laughingstock.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years - Utts - 12-11-2017, 12:38 AM
RE: Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years - Utts - 12-11-2017, 12:45 AM
RE: Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years - Utts - 12-11-2017, 03:29 AM
RE: Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years - Utts - 12-11-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years - Utts - 12-12-2017, 02:17 AM
RE: Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years - Utts - 12-13-2017, 03:37 AM