Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben aggressive in crunch time – hard counts, defenders react, Ben now knows coverage
(12-11-2017, 01:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Interesting observation.  I recall in 2015, when Hue Jackson was our OC, we allowed the QB to make such reads, and tore defenses a new one.  Reports all over the league were that Dalton was getting very good at pre-snap reads, etc.  Now, as you noted, we don't do that.  I wonder what the difference is?  New receivers?  Line issues? QB regression?  Bad coaching?

It is like being in a War type Battle from a Strategy standpoint.

You need Real Time read and react Decision making ability.

The QB has to be The General on the Field with the Authority to read & react on the Fly and be able to effectively Communicate that to his players in Real Time.

The Bengals seem to have a Sideline General that sends in a Play to execute. Players then run that play right into the Teeth of the Defense. Then the Sideline General gets to say that the players Failed to "execute" in Crunch Time.

Meanwhile, Big Ben is hard counting etc to get a READ on the Defense, then audibles if man or Zone, then Antonio Brown & others do exactly what is needed to attack that Defense with the game on the line.

Ben is TOTALLY CONFIDENT because he is getting an Edge in Real Time. It has become easy for him and it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to see why.

The Bengals must adopt this attack with Confidence in Crunch Time approach because we get pre snap reads then audible or we will never Sniff a Super Bowl.

To me this is All Coaching. Delegation of Power to an On Field General. Mastering what Big Ben and other Great QBs have Mastered even if it takes some time and Pain along the way to get there.

They mentioned 4 Walk Off Field Goal recent wins by the Steelers. (versus Packers, Colts, Bengals & Ravens I believe they said)

No accident here. Not LUCK.

The On Field General Big Ben, read the Defenses and reacted to take what they gave them, in real Time, pre-snap.

Took the Candy from the Babies.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ben aggressive in crunch time – hard counts, defenders react, Ben now knows coverage - depthchart - 12-11-2017, 02:00 PM