Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The US just recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital
(12-11-2017, 03:38 PM)Dill Wrote: I'm dodging this question, so go for it.

File this under, duh.  Anytime you're asked to discuss something that disputes your point of view you duck it.

Quote:If you do, I am curious to know if learning how the rest of the world responds to the Israel-Plalestine conflict moves the needle for you either way.

[Image: al-quds-day-march-and-rally-g4fj1y.jpg]

A bit cowardly, to post this picture without context, par for the course.

You can post a lot of pictures of Jews taking part in the antisemitic El Kuds day, a day when millions gather and chant "death to Israel" and hold up picture of a mushroom cloud.  In each instance of pictures of Jews taking part they will be Hasidim.  The reason for this is the Hasidic interpretation of the faith, that God will return the Holy Land to the Jews, and that men created the state of Israel is a blasphemy.  So, essentially, they're saying return the land to Palestine so God can take it away from them later because it's God's choice to make.

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/ultra-orthodox-anti-zionist/

"In the words of the Midrash (as expounded by Rashi), the people were adjured not to return collectively to the Land of Israel by the exertion of physical force, nor to “rebel against the nations of the world,” nor to “hasten the End.” In short, they were required to wait for the heavenly, complete, miraculous, supernatural, and meta-historical redemption that is totally distinct from the realm of human endeavor. This waiting over two millennia manifests the very essence and singularity of the Jewish people, expressing their faith in divine providence, in the assurance of the prophets, and in messianic destiny."

"In other words, these groups’ fierce opposition to the state of Israel is not directed against its secular nature or its laws and mores but, rather, against its very existence, regardless of its nature. In the words of the late Satmar rebbe, Yoel Teitelbaum, “even if the members of the Knesset [Israeli parliament] were righteous and holy, it is a terrible and awful criminal iniquity to seize redemption and rule before the time has come."

"In this orthodox anti-Zionist view, then, the only hope for the Jewish state is its total destruction"

Which explains why they take part in a day devoted to the utter destruction of the state of Israel.  I appreciate you helping me make my point, cheers!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The US just recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 12-11-2017, 04:56 PM