Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The US just recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital
(12-11-2017, 04:01 PM)Dill Wrote:
I don't think it is a good idea to call either Lucy or Dino "trolls." 

According to Merriam-Webtser, an internet troll "is a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content."

I don't think the definition is meant to include people whose comments are "offensive" simply because they are on the other side of the political spectrum.  Were that the reading, then a troll could be anyone who disagrees with me/you, no matter how reasonably. The operative word here is "intentionally."

Both Dino and Lucy hold their political viewpoints sincerely.
They post OPs that reflect their political viewpoints because they think those views worth discussing, adding to the forum conversation.  Sometimes, if attacked, they fight back. Their posts may certainly "antagonize" people who don't share their beliefs, but I've seen no evidence that either posts to intentionally antagonize others or would take pleasure in doing so.  I have disagreed often with Lucy, but I don't believe he has ever called me a name or stalked me from thread to thread with disruptive intent.  He once promised to lay off the Islamophobic posts if someone would just link him to SOME Muslim groups critical of Islamism. I obliged, and so far as I can tell, he appears to have kept his word.  Trolls don't have that kind of integrity.

I'll take your opinion into consideration when I assign the moniker next time; however, the whole back and forth between Dino and SSF is because Dino will not answer a direct question that SSF has asked numerous times. He will instead respond with meme's and/or factious rebuttals instead of providing a "sincere" answer. Perhaps he really doesn't understand the question posed or perhaps he is lacking some of that integrity you mention.

You're really not telling me nothing when you state a troll is not simply someone that disagrees with you. There are a great many on this forum that disagree with me and I do not assign them to the troll category. Hell Lucie agrees with me more than most and I love him as a poster; however, he often trolls. Inserting words/phrases here and there with no other intention that to get a rise. 

But as I say: one continually gets suspended and the other leads the forum in posts. Could it possibly have anything to do with that "disagreeing with points of view" you were talking about or is it more likely that I am missing something?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread