Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years
The ONLY THING that will change this franchise will be the day the old geezer starts pushing daisies and feeding magots ..
They were sort of on to a decent run for a while, but couldn't sustain it and it's exactly how sewage works. Shit always flows downhill and contaminates everything under it. 
I'm in no way convinced that the rest of the family will do one damned bit better after the son of p is gone and no coaching change will make any of that magically go away. 
Now it is possible the family will hire a GM, but there's been nothing done or said that would indicate that they plan to even do that much. They've all gotten fabulously wealthy by essentially doing nothing but being bottom feeders. 
I really have no reason to still care about this team, but I've followed them my entire life and have seen nothing to tell me they plan to change anything. The league provides them with enough money that they don't have to care if the team wins or loses. 
I'm convinced that the whole family sold out long ago. They're paid as caretakers and really nothing more. It's like getting willed an entire fleet of super high performance automobiles and one by one running them all till the wheels literally fall off then abandoning them by the side of the road, taking a taxi home then starting over with the next car..absolutely no maintenance done by anyone and just in case they ever start running out of cars the league gives them at least 7 new cars every year and pays for all the gas.. 
I'm convinced that at some point in time the ownership cut some deal and agreed to be the team the big market teams could always beat come crunch time. There's never been a plan since to actually produce an actual post season winner. They're ok with letting them get to the playoffs, but that's the highest they're ever going to get because of this nefarious arrangement..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years - Utts - 12-11-2017, 12:38 AM
RE: Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years - Utts - 12-11-2017, 12:45 AM
RE: Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years - Utts - 12-11-2017, 03:29 AM
RE: Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years - Utts - 12-11-2017, 01:34 AM
RE: Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years - grampahol - 12-11-2017, 10:52 PM
RE: Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years - Utts - 12-12-2017, 02:17 AM
RE: Remembering the Pre-Lewis Years - Utts - 12-13-2017, 03:37 AM