Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about electric
If I'm remembering my AC/DC class at Cincinnati State, our homes are constantly putting electric back into the grid and the electric company charges our neighbor for it.

For instance, a 100 watt lightbulb uses 100 watts to turn on but nowhere near that amount to continue burning except it still pulls 100 watts from the power grid on a continual basis. The electric that isn't used returns to the power grid and the electric company charges the next door neighbor for the electric my house already paid for.

Now, I understand that the amount of electric slows down our meter some but it's nowhere near what the electric company charges.

Should we receive more for the electric we don't use from the electric company and what if we have solar panels on our homes? Should we receive the same rate the electric company charges or how about cutting it in half since its their infrastructure?

What if I was able to get my neighborhood to all put solar panels on our homes and pump out more energy than we use? Should the electric company cut us a check every month?

Many more questions than I can list here.

Messages In This Thread
Question about electric - Nebuchadnezzar - 12-12-2017, 02:29 AM
RE: Question about electric - Belsnickel - 12-12-2017, 10:22 AM
RE: Question about electric - Bengalzona - 12-12-2017, 10:42 AM
RE: Question about electric - Yojimbo - 12-12-2017, 11:14 AM
RE: Question about electric - ballsofsteel - 12-15-2017, 07:01 AM