Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The US just recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital
(12-11-2017, 07:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll take your opinion into consideration when I assign the moniker next time; however, the whole back and forth between Dino and SSF is because Dino will not answer a direct question that SSF has asked numerous times. He will instead respond with meme's and/or factious rebuttals instead of providing a "sincere" answer. Perhaps he really doesn't understand the question posed or perhaps he is lacking some of that integrity you mention.

You're really not telling me nothing when you state a troll is not simply someone that disagrees with you. There are a great many on this forum that disagree with me and I do not assign them to the troll category. Hell Lucie agrees with me more than most and I love him as a poster; however, he often trolls. Inserting words/phrases here and there with no other intention that to get a rise. 

But as I say: one continually gets suspended and the other leads the forum in posts. Could it possibly have anything to do with that "disagreeing with points of view" you were talking about or is it more likely that I am missing something?

If someone, including SSF, does not answer a direct question, I let it go.  There can be many reasons for doing that. I don't play the "integrity" card every time that happens.  No one HAS to answer a direct question or continue a dialogue.

I have not been following what has gone on between Dino and SSF, but if the latter is following him from thread to thread demanding answers then I don't see how Dino can be the problem.

I am aware that you understand what a troll really is. You tend to argue straightforwardly on a matter or drop it.

I am not up on who gets suspended and who doesn't.  I don't recall seeing personal attacks (e.g., name calling) from Dino, though I know he has been suspended at least once. Lucy has been suspended frequently, but I have never seen the offending posts. He doesn't answer my posts sometimes, but he has never personally attacked me, that I am aware of.  SSF is a different story. He calls me a liar, hypocrite, "ass," and a plagiarizer, and expounds upon the "disgust" he feels for those of my "ilk." He continually frames responses to my posts in unnecessarily combative asides.  I don't believe he has ever been suspended for that, and I have never complained to the mods about it.  Posting superficial, uninformed questions and then claiming "cowardly" people "duck" them is just another form of trolling, as SSF is currently doing on this thread. No one looking for serious engagement does that. If you answer every such question then you are effectively letting someone control your time degrade a thread, turn political discussion into personal attacks others aren't interested in following.  Perhaps that is why Dino doesn't respond as SSF wants him too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread