Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump may face a reckoning in case brought by female accuser
(12-12-2017, 12:41 PM)hollodero Wrote: I know some people are quite intense, but still. You'd have to make up coordinated false stories. Then you'd have to go out in the open. There isn't much to gain, but much hatred to be earned, as Moore accuser I'd honestly fear for my life when seeing the vile Breitbart pushback on their boards. Aside from that, you are sure to get hate mails, be recognized on the streets, called all kinds of things both on TV and face to face. Every one you know assoociates you with that. And you'd also risk to be exposed for getting something wrong, e.g. the person wasn't at the place at the time you claimed or some other thing. It seems awfully risky to do so just because you prefer one politician over another, I still cannot quite believe that. I also can not preclude it, but the more women are in, the less likely forgery does become.

In Trump's case, it doesn't help him that he fits the pattern of a molester 100%; in Moore's case, his non-denial denial, not inside my behavioural pattern and I usually asked their mommys first, plus some circumstantial things like people claiming it was common knowledge and the YMCA did look out for him and then some, makes me 99% certain he did as accused. I think that's fair.

- I also would caution to believe just everybody though. You're not wrong, it's just that the benefit of the doubt only will go that far in the public eye.

Not sure for the need to coordinate false stories. Even in cases where sexual harassment is confirmed and/or admitted, the stories of the victims always have variations. In fact, stories that are exactly the same might even cause some people to wonder if they were coordinated becasue they are so exactly the same.

I've also seen some cases in the past where, even in cases where there is confirmed and/or admitted sexual harassment, some people contrive stories and claims for various reasons (hopes of some sort of financial gain, attention, revenge, etc.). In other words, sometimes a large group of accusers (who may have been harassed) gets larger because of people making false claims for ulterior motives. Hence, while I believe that the number of people making accusations is important and indicative to a degree, I can't say that that would be totally indicative.

As far as Trump goes, his own words show how he feels about women. But it doesn't matter to the people who voted for him. And the same thing will happen with Roy Moore today. AL peoples are more upset that "liberal outsiders are gonna tell them how to vote and make them get abortions (even the men)" than they are worried about a man who sexually harassed and perhaps assaulted teens.

Reminds me a little of Silvio Berlusconi.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump may face a reckoning in case brought by female accuser - Bengalzona - 12-12-2017, 04:21 PM