Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
26 teams have at least 5 playoff wins since our last playoff win...
(12-12-2017, 04:37 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Coaching is not the only reason we lose, but I believe it is the biggest. 

And I agree with the bolded.. I've said before, the worst thing this management team is guilty of recently is keeping Marv employed. But if they move on from him next month? It will be a big step in the right direction (hopefully, depending on the replacement).

And you can't entirely blame management for losing those players. We aren't the only team to lose players during free agency, it happens to everyone. It sucks, but who's to say any of those players had any real intentions of signing back with us anyway? Maybe management could (should) have thrown more money around in an effort to keep some of them but it may have been all for naught. I don't think Sanu or jones ever had any intentions of coming back. I believe Whitworth wanted a change of scenery as well. We drafted their replacements over the past few drafts and unfortunately, it hasn't worked out. Sucks, but again, it happens. And I can't help but wonder if the young draftees struggles are also related to poor coaching. 

I don't see how any coaching staff would have won a playoff game with the roster this season.

The offensive line was terrible. The WR's outside Green are bad. We had no running game most of the year.

Our defense was inconsistent. The secondary was bad against the pass. The LB's outside of Burfict were bad.

No coach is winning a playoff game with that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 26 teams have at least 5 playoff wins since our last playoff win... - THE PISTONS - 12-12-2017, 05:43 PM