Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
26 teams have at least 5 playoff wins since our last playoff win...
(12-12-2017, 09:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny you blame Marvin for being a poor coach but not Mike Brown. How many owners would give a coach who is 0-7 in the playoffs a chance to try for chance #8?

Bottom line: The organization tolerates mediocrity from the top down.

It's the same reason Bodine has a job...year after year. Because it costs money to replace him and he's signed cheap.

It's why they reportedly offered Zeitler $5.5 million a year after DeCastro signed for $10 million a year.

You don't think it demoralized the players when Zeitler was low-balled AND Whitworth left? Whitworth - the captain who has only played for the Bengals...left?

The same reason Alexander still has a job despite this team not being able to run the ball. They tolerate mediocrity.

When the top levels of an organization tolerate mediocrity...it infiltrates other levels.

Marvin isn't the cause...he's the symptom. And you act like Marvin told the team to shutdown against the Packers and Steelers. A lot of those losses is on the players.

You'll see when we have a new HC.

Once again, I'm not excusing Mike brown. I never have. I wish like hell Mike would have dealt with Marvin and Alexnder years ago and there is no excuse for that. With Mike, I believe it's more about keeping his friends and family happy than embracing mediocrity. He is far too loyal to subpar coaches because they are his buddies outside of the business. He is also in denial, he honestly believed Marvin could get him a super bowl. But I think it's incredibly obvious our struggles on the field are mainly due to coaching. There's been a pattern of choking under Marv for over a decade. After much roster turnover, it's still the same. At some point, it's not a coincidence. The team still falls apart in big games, even with different players.

Stop acting like the 90's have never left. We made the playoffs 5 years in a row, won a few division titles and beat some damn good football teams (at 1:00). We have/had talent. Management is responsible for acquiring that talent. Marvin is responsible for getting the most out of that talent. But he doesn't. Never has. Not when it really counts, anyway. Hard to believe, I know, but for the most part this management team has given him the roster to succeed. But Primetime and playoffs, the lights go on and what happens? Choke artist Marv and bungle football rears its ugly head. 

Things are not as dire as you believe. If Mike brings back Marvin after this mess, then yes. Things will be as gloomy as you see them now. But Marv is likely on his way out in 3 short weeks. And maybe Mike will be passing the torch as well. Not much longer until we know for sure. 

Provided we make a decent hire, you'll see things improve when we have a new HC. I'm not claiming a super bowl is on the horizon... But a trip back to the playoffs next year? A definite possibility 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 26 teams have at least 5 playoff wins since our last playoff win... - Pat5775 - 12-12-2017, 10:23 PM