Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary
(12-13-2017, 11:52 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: First, thank you for correcting the pedophilia comments.  As I have repeatedly demonstrated words mean something, use them correctly.  So again, thank you.

You're welcome. It's something that has been bugging me this entire time, and while my voice in the Twitterverse will just fade away into the darkness, at least on here it will be seen.

(12-13-2017, 11:52 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Moore losing is actually better for the GOP long term.  It shows that Trump is an outlier, extreme candidates are not a good bet outside of him and this result could not demonstrate that more definitively.  We don't need more extreme candidates from either party, so the American public wins here.  There's zero chance Jones wins reelection..

I agree completely on this section. Jones will lose when he is up for reelection and it is better for the GOP long term, bu tit is also good for the Democrats in the short and long term. Short term, it helps fight the GOP and Trump agendas as well as helps with momentum. Odds are now at 48% they retake the Senate. Long term, we are seeing a rise of blue candidates in traditionally red areas. I put this in long term because even though it is a short term win, it can be a long term bonus if we keep it up. Even if they don't win, getting into the habit of contesting elections and nurturing candidates in places often overlooked it a good, long term strategy. I doubt the DNC will keep it up, though, because they are terrible at long term planning. Holistically, Democrats are terrible at politics.

(12-13-2017, 11:52 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quick question, does Jones win the remainder of Session's term or does his election win him a full six year term?

The seat is up for reelection in 2020.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Belsnickel - 12-13-2017, 12:17 PM