Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama colluded with Putin to release Lebanese terrorist that targeted Americans
(12-18-2017, 05:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. Yes he killed osama but agonized for weeks over it when he found out where he was......  yet another cowardly action.... he doesn’t get kudos for finally coming to his senses.    

2.  I don’t set my opinions based off what Hannity says or thinks.   Honestly I don’t even watch him or listen to his radio show.  It’s funny you Post hat like it is some sort of notch in your corner to support your position lol

3. When I go to Russia I don’t feel threatened.   I also dont feel threatened by people in a country that is made up the same as ours.   We have more In common than anyone else.     Not sure what the Islam jab is about....  that has zero to do with Russia, they also have Muslims.   Just like us.  

4. Yes we won a war with Germany but have allowed them to gain power back via the EU by manipulating the euro currency to favor themselves while making Europe poor.   They are one of the biggest threats to Europe moving forward.  The other being unchecked Muslim migration.  

5. Iran now has the money to fund terrorism for the next decade while they wait out these nuke sanctions and then they can have at it.    Thanks obama.  

6. China is a threat and we will need Russia to face down China and German led EU.    Some of the EU is fracturing because they see the Germans coming....

Thanks for the answers, Lucy. And for answering systematically.

1.  By "agonized" you may mean that Obama considered the very considerable risks before deciding when to go in. There was no hesitation about killing bin Laden.  But thinking before acting does not make one cowardly, any more than acting without thinking makes one brave.  Kudos or not, he was not "supporting" Islamic terrorism when he killed bin Laden--or the thousands of like-minded Islamists afterwards.

2. Hannity is an opinion-shaper on the far right and defends Trump with your talking points. For all I know, Hannity might be listening to you, or you are both following a similar logic based upon similar sources.

3. I don't feel threatened when I go to Germany. And I don't feel threatened by their government when I am in the US. I do, however, feel threatened by the Russian government. I don't know what you mean when you say Russia is a country "made up the same as ours," or that we have more in common with them than anyone else.  Is the US a Plutocracy too? One which has lost its free press? You might be right, but that would hardly be comforting, and it would hardly make Russia less of a danger than Germany. We have an autocratic leader now too. But he is hemmed in by Congress and the Courts in a way that Putin is not. So far, journalists critical of Trump have not been murdered. He cannot use the FBI, courts, and DJ to lock up politic opponents. Yet. There are maybe some important differences still between our countries.

Regarding the Islam jab, you constantly characterize Muslim nations as a threat, even friendly ones, while ignoring the threat posed by authoritarian "friends" that have attacked us. So the "jab" is a jab at what I take to be a poor criterion for guiding foreign policy.

4. Europe is not "poor." (Russia is, comparatively, because of its corruption.) And we "allowed" Germany to gain power back because the US is a liberal democracy that, as a matter of principle, does not make war for booty, as the Nazis and Japanese did.  Rather than keep them conquered enemies, a very expensive proposition, the US gave them back their freedom. In return we now have a strong, liberal democratic ally.  Is there "unchecked" Muslim migration to Europe?  I was not aware of that.

5. Iran already had the money to "fund terrorism" if that were a goal. In January of 2013, our CIA estimated Iran's break out time was 8-12 weeks. If today, four years later, they decided they wanted a Nuke, break out time would be a year at minimum. But it appears they never wanted one very badly. Getting plugged back into the world market and remaining there is much more important to their goals. And lifting the sanctions has greatly strengthened the moderates in Iran and weakened their right wing.   Now critics of the Treaty complain they could get a Nuke in 10 years, when Iran may be a more moderate country. Thanks Obama.

6. I agree with you that China is a threat, or a potential one, not actual, as Russia currently is. But you are thinking that Russia, the country which attacked our election, might help us manage China, which did not attack our election? No doubt they would love to "work with us" to face down a country which checks their military and our allies in Western Europe who check their economy.  But getting that result would require a "useful idiot" leading the US and an effective disinformation campaign aimed at the US electorate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obama colluded with Putin to release Lebanese terrorist that targeted Americans - Dill - 12-18-2017, 07:32 PM