Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excellent read from Brennan on Lewis
(12-18-2017, 07:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: He makes some points, though I don't know how different things would have been had they won the Jets game.  I guess for me the Jets playoff game was crap on a stick, but the real turning point was the San Diego game.  For me that closed the lid on the coffin of Marvin's career here.  The Steeler loss in January 2016 just tossed the dirt on.  He should have been fired the next day, and let this franchise move on in a different direction.  Instead, Andy, AJ, Vontaze and company all just got two years older under this clown during two wasted seasons.

The playoff loss to San Diego really sticks out, in my mind as well.  We should have totally outmatched them and dominated.  The second loss to the Texans reeked of something not right, as well.  Easily catchable balls dropped left and right, a general lack of effort and enthusiasm.

I guess those same parallels can be drawn in most all of the big time games the Bengals have lost under Lewis' tenure.  Weather it be Monday Night, Sunday Night, Thursday Night, or even just hyped up showdowns with the Steelers, the team never seems ready to go.  Save for the playoff meltdown game in '16.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excellent read from Brennan on Lewis - SunsetBengal - 12-18-2017, 08:06 PM