Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is our biggest need in the draft?
1. Left tackle
2. O-line other than LT
3. Safety - Iloka and Williams have been banged up and neither have looked amazing when healthy.  Fej and Shaw have looked like above average backups/special teams dudes, not good starters.  They could use a true centerfield safety that will let them play some single-high coverage.
4. Linebacker - Burfict is the only above average starter.  He has had injury and suspension issues, and may well be dumped by the next coaching regime or kicked out of the league if he can't clean up his after the whistle stuff.  Hell, he may be suspended for just happening to lay a hit like any of the Steeler linebackers regularly do.  Even if there are no problems with him staying on the field, you need two good linebackers to play nickel and could use a 3rd that can stop the run for base.
5. Wide Receiver - No one has established themselves as an above average #2 WR yet.  Erickson has looked good in limited action, but he might be exposed if asked to take a ton of snaps.  I'm guessing that there's probably a reason as to why they haven't committed to him as a permanent fixture on the offense.

The other needs seem less severe than those positions to me.  You could argue DT or TE(personally think that Kroft and Uzomah are fine).  I think that CB looks at least serviceable with WJIII developing.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is our biggest need in the draft? - Bilbo Saggins - 12-19-2017, 04:12 AM