Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Football Weekly: Bengals want Jay Gruden
(12-20-2017, 12:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree, although I think Jay is more creative and less conservative than Merv, so that's a plus.

That being said, we're Bengals fans.  We're beat down, and realize that we likely won't get the HC that many of us are clamoring for.  I will have to stand pat on my opinion that, of the candidates mentioned thus far, Gruden may be our best option.  I mean, Simmons, Guenther, Hue......or Gruden.  Who would you pick out of that lot?

Yeah, although I would much rather have someone who hasn't been here before, out of those choices...definitely Jay.

I hope Mike and the crew don't have their minds set on any of those guys though, and that that they do a legit search like they did last time: Lewis, Coughlin, Mularkey from the outside, and Mark Duffner, Jim Anderson from the staff.

If they follow that same formula, then Guenther and Simmons will be the staff interviews. If Jay gets canned, I'm sure they try to bring him in for an interview. Then there are all the coordinators from the outside that could be possibilities: Haley, Reich, LeFleur, McDaniels, Patricia, Shurmur, Carmichael, Goodwin, Schwartz, Austin, etc. 

There's going to be a lot of options out there. Hopefully, they take advantage of that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pro Football Weekly: Bengals want Jay Gruden - Bengalholic - 12-20-2017, 12:35 PM