Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All of these “New HC” threads...
(12-20-2017, 12:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IDK man...part of me remembers the last time they had an opening and how they interviewed some quality candidates - and hired one of them- from the outside, and thinks they may take the same approach this time as well.

But, then there's the other part that thinks they may just want to promote Guenther or Simmons and call it a day.  

Of course, there's also the possibility that we aren't talking about so much lately...that Marvin actually comes back.  Sick

Reading your post got me to thinking.  15 years ago, Mike Brown was a lot younger, and wanted to make a "last push" to field a winning team.  He did the right thing, by holding interviews with quality candidates.  Part of me thinks that Mike is going to retire, and wants to turn the team over to Katie and Co., as a blank slate.

Not only has Marvin not been extended, but none of the current staff are contracted past this season, either.  I just have a little feeling in my gut that tells me that the Bengals are going to be going through more than just a Head Coaching change, but a total change of regime and the way they do things.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
All of these “New HC” threads... - wcu - 12-20-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: All of these “New HC” threads... - SunsetBengal - 12-20-2017, 01:00 PM