Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Con of Hiring a Coach Fired By Another Team
(12-21-2017, 11:51 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Personally I think we need a coach who is more of a disciplinarian in the mold of a Mike Zimmer or a Tom Coughlin type. One of my biggest issues with Marvin besides his clock management blunders , inability to make in game adjustments among many other things was that his teams lacked discipline and he seemed to cuddle players. When Zimmer was here guys were terrified to make mistakes because they knew Zimmer would chew them out or find a replacement for them who could do the job right. Marvin just claps when we make bone headed plays and whispers into Burfict’s ear and begs him to please clam down.  Look at how Coughlin turned around the Jaguars culture. When we played them their star running back Fournette was late to a meeting so he was benched that game. We also need a coach that isn’t afraid to bench underperforming players regardless of their contracts. I’m from New England, Belicheck benched Gillmore one of the highest paid free agents at the beginning of the year because he was playing like crap. I wonder if he coached here how long Kirkpatrick or Bodine would be the starter ? I’m not saying there is gonna be a Coughlin out there just saying I would like a displined coach after watching Marvin for 15 years.

Oh Marvin.  He'll yell and scream at a nobody, and not say a damn word to his "stars".

I just love it when people/posters claim that you don't need to get emotional or angry to be a leader in defense of Marvin's style.

Yet we have seen him do it to younger and backup players.

So why the double standard?

Yeah he usually sits there with a blank stare and mouth agape.

Then blamo there it is.  Him chewing out a nobody!

He's soft.  He can be a leader without screaming.  Anyone can for that matter.

So what message is he sending as far as discipline.  It's okay to act a fool if you are his "star"?

If you're one of Marvelous Marvin's buds you can blow the game for the team.

Yeah I know.  Player status determines practice and loosening of other rules...  but when gameday comes around he needs to command control of ALL players.

Marvin sucks at this.  Always has.  Always will.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Con of Hiring a Coach Fired By Another Team - BengalsRocker - 12-21-2017, 12:37 PM