Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Christianity is in big trouble. And it’s its own biggest threat.
(12-21-2017, 12:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't see a faulty comparison. I see it as pointing out the hypocrisy in the discrimination and the siding with an ephebophile. These things both seem contrary to the teachings of Christ in his messages for how Christians should show compassion for everyone. You've had a defensive, emotional response to the article and that is coloring your inferences from it. This illustrates the difficulty in having these conversations in any context, because it is always difficult to present a critique of religion when so many insiders will have that same response.
Is this just a condescending way of saying: "You should have agreed with the article?'.

I've pointed out my faults with the article and it starts at the very beginning when the author tries to draw correlation between the 2 incidences he cited. Unsure how that is a "defensive emotional' response. it is simply my opinion that the article has many faults and aids to stereotyping.

It is no different than if I said Brown Muslims are to blame for their own state of affairs because they get upset when they are asked to remove a hajabs in public and they do not publically denounce ji-had in the form of terror.

I am saddened that you consider these emotional responses; perhaps you are just misusing the word contrary.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White Christianity is in big trouble. And it’s its own biggest threat. - bfine32 - 12-21-2017, 01:01 PM